This event’s success rests upon your talents and resources. We write to ask you to ask businesses in your neighborhood and elsewhere in the city to donate. Below please find a donation form and a solicitation letter describing the achievements of our scholars, the extraordinary diversity of our school, and the way every dollar directly supports education. It’s easy to brag about our school. Don’t be shy! TAG is the second highest rated school in the state of New York. TAG serves the most ethnically and economically diverse student population of NYC’s five city-wide gifted and talented schools.
Some examples of great auction items are:
- Gift certificates - such as restaurants, gyms, bookstores, camps, coffee shops, car detailing, nail salons, birthday parties, museums.
- Experiences - such as workshops, music lessons, birthday parties, spa services, timeshares, vacation packages.
- Goods - such as food, wine, cosmetics, art supplies, sports equipment, computers, games, books, clothing.
- Tickets - such as broadway shows, sports events, movies.
- Services - such tax services, financial planning, management consulting, school consulting.
Businesses may also wish to underwrite the auction directly (food, beverages, venue, online auction app, entertainment, and decorations). Donating businesses will be enthusiastically promoted by the PTA and parents of TAG. We will prominently feature donors in our auction materials, our monthly newsletter, and at the auction. Donations are entirely tax deductible.
TAG parents work in an impressive array of fields and have tremendous talents. Please consider donating goods and your services. Your imagination is the limit!
Please contact VPs of Fundraising if you have any questions or suggestions.
All donations should be submitted by March 29, 2018.