November is officially iPledge Month at TAG Young Scholars, the PTA’s direct appeal campaign to raise funds for many of the essential programs that go beyond the school’s general DOE budget, including:
● Teaching Assistants (TAs) for the younger grades
● STEM and Singapore Math in curriculum
● Music program for K-4 plus 7th grade
● Enrichment coordinators, PE and recess support for all grades
● Middle School Debate team
● Magazine subscriptions
● Chess in curriculum for grades K-7
● Math Club for grades 4-8
● Field Day for grades K-8
● Chess Team for grades K-8
● Graduation celebrations for 5th & 8th grades
● Senior package for 8th grade
Your voluntary and tax deductible contributions will enable the PTA to continue to provide these programs for the 2020-2021 school year.
Our goal is to have 100% participation from every family and to benefit from employers’ corporate matching programs.
Together, let’s raise $400,000 this school year for our Scholars' TAG experience!
Buy tickets, babysitting, and sponsor a TAG teachers/staff HERE.
The PTA is launching their Holiday Box Top Dress Down initiative! Dress Downs will be on 12/17, 12/18, or 12/19. You can get them two ways:
For every 50 Box Tops you submit, you will receive a Dress Down Day.
In lieu of Box Tops, you can donate to IPledge to help keep all the programs and services the PTA funds for next year. Donate a minimum of $100 between Wednesday December 5th – Friday December 14th
and as a THANK YOU for donating, we will give you dress down days.
Get more details & make your donation HERE.
We are thrilled to announce that the 2018 TAG Talent Show will take place on May 11. Please mark your calendar.
Does your child want to showcase his or her skills playing an instrument, dancing, singing, performing magic, reciting poetry, doing comedy or acting?
Auditions can be submitted online (preferred) or performed live. Students can perform solo or in groups. If we receive many solo submissions the panel of judges might suggest collaborations to allow as many performers as possible to participate in the show. Please note that all performers must be available to participate in the dress rehearsals.
THERE ARE TWO WAYS TO AUDITION:
1) ONLINE: Please email a video of the performance to TalentshowTag@gmail.com by March 15th. The video should be less than 3 minutes and in one of the following formats: .MOV,.MPEG4,.WMV.
Please INCLUDE the following information in the email:
- Your name, email, and phone #
- Your child's name and class
- Are you willing to be part of a group performance?
2) LIVE: Due to limited time and space for live auditions, we are urging all parents to submit videos online. For those who cannot, we will hold a live auction on March 14th from 2:30pm - 5:30pm in the library. A sign up sheet is available in Ms Powell's office NOW. Spots are limited so please sign up ASAP!
• March 22nd: Audition results will be communicated via email and posted on the PTA website
• April 20th: Dress Rehearsal (5pm-8pm Auditorium)
• May 4th: FINAL Rehearsal (Time TBD Auditorium)
• May 11th: Talent Show (5pm-8pm Auditorium)
Talent Show Committee
Dear fellow TAG parents,
This year for our annual Benefit and Auction, we are asking each class to create a project that can be auctioned off. Every dollar raised will directly benefit our children.
Each class project will feature some aspect of every child in the class. Examples of possible projects are:
We’re looking for enthusiastic parent volunteers to take the lead for each class - to plan and execute each project. It's a rare opportunity to spend time with the children and to see their imagination and creativity at work.
If you are interested or have any questions please contact our Class Project Coordinator Michelle Macaraig (mom of 4th grade scholar Alexandra).
Anna and Namita
Dear fellow TAG Parents,
We are very excited to announce the return of the children’s fashion show at the TAG Benefit on 4/28! We are looking for two fun and outgoing scholars from each grade to participate (K-5 only due to limited clothing sizes). The model requirements are:
The fashion show will begin at 8pm and will last approx 10-15 mins. Spots will be filled first come first serve. If you are interested in volunteering your child, please contact the Fashion Show Coordinator Jessica Zindren (mom of 1st grade scholar Stella). Also please send a recent photo of your child (solely for identification purposes) as well as their name, grade, teacher, and current clothing and shoe sizes. Lastly, all clothing worn by the models will be auctioned off for the benefit of TAG! Looking forward to a great event!
Anna and Namita